Owned by the same family since 1850, and situated at the southern end of Gravesin Mazères at a higher elevation of up to 112m above sea level. The property was a farm until current owner Jacques Perromat (the 6th family generation at Ducasse) made the leap into winemaking upon taking over in 1983. Comprises around 50Ha of vines on gravel and sand dominant vineyards with limestone sub-soils.
A blend of Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (30%) with a little Cabernet Franc (10%).
Fruit is hand picked and 100% destemmed. A cold maceration takes place before the fermentation to enhance the aromas with a long extraction of between 20 and 30 days.
80% of this wine is aged in stainless steel vats for between 18 to 24 months to preserve the fresh and intense aromas. The remaining 20% is aged in barrels generating more complexity.
Nose is perfumed, aromatic, youthful with ripe blackcurrant and mint showing. On the palette very generous supple black fruit, quite extracted, with spice and toasted notes to accompany. Pleasant finish with some length.
A wine that can be enjoyed now.
Serve with cassoulet, herbed leg of lamb, charcuterie.
We offer next working day delivery for all orders placed before 12pm.
There is no minimum order for delivery
We deliver free to all addresses within 1.5km of the shop. There is a£5charge for orders below £100
STANDARD UK POSTCODES £8 per drop for purchases below £250. Free above.
LONDON SPECIAL DELIVERY - Timed services including same day are possible for customers within the M25. You will be offered options at checkout. Delivery slots of 10-2, 2-6 and 6-10 each day are possible. Please contact the shop if you would like a different slot to those offered.
For deliveries outside of the UK Please contact the shop to get a quote for delivery.
We endeavour always to ensure you receive the wine you have ordered in perfect condition. However there are the odd times when things don’t go to plan - So:
Please contact us immediately should your delivery arrive missing items or containing the wrong bottles. We will send replacements for any items which have not arrived. Please contact us within 48 hours of your parcel arriving as we cannot offer replacements after this time.
We want you to enjoy the wines you have purchased from us. If you find you have bought a case and find the first bottle is not for you we are happy to exchange the wines for something else. All we ask is that you cover the delivery costs for return of the old wine and sending of the new bottles. Please advise of any returns within 14 days of receiving the wines, we are unable to accept after this point.
Sadly, from time to times bottles will develop faults. If you think your wine is corked, oxidised or otherwise faulty please contact us to discuss. We are unable to offer refunds for bottles which have been out of the shop longer than two months as storage conditions are out of our control.
Quick note on Fine Wine purchasing.
When ordering that special bottle of wine it is worth doing a little research before making a purchase. Wine is a living product, which goes through changes and stages of development in the bottle, as well as varying between vintages. If you are considering ordering an older vintage we recommend speaking to a member of staff or using a review site like cellartracker.com to try and get as full a picture as possible of the flavour profile and development of the bottle you are considering.
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.